Total Pageviews

Monday, March 22, 2010

A North Dakota funny

Forgot to post this yesterday.  Just in case you need to pick up some wildlife art with your liquor, head on over to Paul's Ponderosa Liquor and Wildlife Gallery in Dickinson, North Dakota!  That's really a place, and it cracked me up!  It reminds me of Peterson-Wahleen-Knox Funeral Home and Furniture Store in Woodhull, Illinois LOL!

And I've come up with a list of my top 4 North Dakota annoyances:
1.  The fact that nothing is open here on Sundays before noon.  Except for the grocery store.  But no stores like Target or Wal-Mart, etc.  It's some weird law I guess.
2.  The fact that there are no chain pharmacies allowed in this state.  No Walgreens, no pharmacies in Target or Wal-Mart, etc.  Another stupid law....something to do with small pharmacies and ownership rights. 
3.  The fact that there are many unregulated intersections in the residential neighborhoods.  Meaning that a lot of cross-streets around here don't have stop or yield signs, so you have to be really careful at each intersection.  Don't like it.
4.  I can't find a car wash to save my life.  There are a few one stall crummy car washes at a convenience store here and there, but I went to 4 convenience stores today and none of the car washes were in working order.  I finally found one, but where is the Super Wash and Splash Car Wash with mega-automatic stalls when you need it?  Don't people enjoy clean cars here?  I looked in the phone book and saw 2 listed as Laundromat & Car Wash, but they ended up being those self-serve washes.  Maybe I need to start my own Splash franchise?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

business opportunity... carwash.
love the liquor store/gallery!
Half of the parking lot at Walmart or Target on Sunday morning is filled with ND plates.