Total Pageviews

Monday, March 29, 2010

4th grade recorder concert

Tonight was Ben's recorder concert.  Oh my aching ears :).  Rich was working, but Matt, Tyler and Grace came with me to watch it.  Luckily for Grace, her friend Lizzie was there to have her Girl Scout meeting...her mom is the leader and they invited Grace to sit in.  So does Grace want to be a Girl Scout now?  Of course!  I am secretly NOT looking forward to Girl Scout activities, but I guess we'll give it a go.  Anyhow, back to the recorder!  They actually did played pretty well, I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't overly screechy.  Ben had a solo!  He played "Pretzels".  His solo was the first and he did really well, we were proud!  You'll notice his intense recorder face in the pics...he furrowed his brow and was very serious.
there was also an art show..they had a visiting artist last week and the pic above is Ben holding his picture.  It was really pretty up close!

No comments: