Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dinner time battle-royale

So I made this taco bake thing for dinner tonight. It didn't go over real well with the little kids....they whined that it was too spicy and had onions and beans (eyes rolling here). But I made them eat some of the chicken that was in it....CHICKEN for goodness sakes, what's so offensive about that? Grace decided she did NOT want to eat any of the piece of chicken I told her to eat, so I made her sit there until it was gone. She sat there for 45 minutes. Here is the huge (another eye roll) piece of chicken she was 'forced' to eat...you see it there on the table, that small piece of chicken in front of her?She told me I was torturing her and I was the worst mother ever and she was going to throw up. In the end she finally ate the darn thing, and didn't even puke! After the stand-off I saw her writing on her pad. This is what she made:

It says at the top "The Rowls (the rules)" and has a picture of our family. Notice Rich's snappy fedora? I'll read what it says from the left:

1. Keep your room clean The kids

2. If you make a mess, clean it up 8. Don't be mean

3. Don't say bad words 9. Don't fight

4. Listen 10. Don't scream

5. Eat your food 11. No tears

6. Be nice to each other 12. Do your manners

7. Be respectful and responsible 13. Listen

Interesting list, isn't it? Especially after she planted herself in that chair and refused to eat a quarter sized piece of chicken for 45 minutes.

No comments: