Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Grace gets her day on the court


After many tears, screaming fits, and bouts of frustration, Grace decided it was ok if she played basketball today. I didn't even tell her I signed her up until yesterday, because I knew she would freak and not want to play. She was afraid people would be watching her. But last night she said she'd play "if I can wear these shorts, this short-sleeved shirt, have my hair in one ponytail, and bring a water bottle". Ok, fine by me, as long as you get out there and play! She plays in the dreaded Leisure Services league, which is 15 minutes of practice and about 30 minutes of 'game', if you can call it that. It's the old all ten girls moving down the court in a big pack without dribbling, then someone whiffs up a ball and hopes it goes in the hoop kind of game :). Like this:Notice how she's looking at me instead of looking at the ball and the pack of players behind her :). She did have fun though and is looking forward to next week. Oh, and she made a basket too!!

And here are a few of Matt's game today. The Red Hawks won 28-20, yippee!

The Grace's:

No comments: