Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ben's new bed


I am at my wit's end with Ben and his sleeping as of late. This has been his permanent bed for the past 2 weeks....the bench in my room. He has been having terrible nightmares, and absolutely refuses to sleep in his bed. He thinks something bad is going to happen to Rich and I during the night. I have been trying very hard to get him to go to bed in his own bed, but after listening to him bawl and beg to come downstairs for an hour and a half, I finally just let him come down and sleep in here AGAIN! I don't know what to do. I don't want him to be majorly scared and stressed to sleep, but I don't want this to become a permanent habit either. WHAT DO I DO???? Supernanny, come to my rescue!

3 comments:

Velda said...

Have you talked to your doc about night terrors? (Google it) I had them for years and they are terrifying. Have you tried music in his room? Have you tried putting a monitor and telling him that you can hear him and you'll be sure he's okay. Night light? Sleeping issues are so tough ((Hugs))

Heidi said...

Scary for Ben and not much fun for you! Wish I had some advice!!

Jennifer said...

Hey V! I'll check on that...he has an appt coming up. Music is a good idea, and a two way monitor would be great! Hopefully he will grow out of this soon!