I'm pathetic and sad, I know. I KNOW, OK?? But noone has missed anything, I really swear. My new year's resolution is to blog at least every other day, but I'm warning you, some of the posts will be sadly lacking in fun and activity. It's January. In Bismarck, North Dakota. 'Nuff said. We only leave the house if we have no milk or if one of us is headed to the cabin fever hot spot....Target. I take kids to school in the morning, pick kids up after school, pick Matt up from bball practice, and come home. That's the life we lead. B.O.R.I.N.G. Matt did start his basketball games 2 weeks ago. They are a complete rag-tag group of 8th graders....there are several of last years clueless Joe's on matt's team again this year. Sweet kids, and when you're 6'5" tall in 8th grade you HAVE to have some basketball skillz and talent somewhere inside you, right? Tucked away in a pocket somewhere? Well I can just tell you that no, no these tall full-of-potential kids have butter on their hands and blinders on their eyes, because they can't rebound, pass, catch a pass, shoot, or figure out what to do next. It's painful to watch, really. Matt on the other hand is playing really well this year! He got moved up a team and is playing point guard. He lost quite a bit of weight over the summer and fall and has gotten taller too, so he is quicker this year. He's never played point guard before so he's still working out the kinks of that position, like picking up your dribble and watching your passes, but he can do it. They lost 2 and won 2 so far, so cross your fingers that they improve! No pics yet because Rich makes me videotape the games for him when he's not there and that's a huge pain...it's hard to watch the game and pretty much impossible to take a pic at any point. I'll bring it next time.
Grace and Ben had a joint birthday party at the Gateway To Science Center in Bismarck today. They each invited 6 friends and got to roam around in the big rooms and work on the stations for an hour. Then we went downstairs to eat and open gifts. The finishing touch was making slime! The boys loved it...the girls not so much! One girl almost puked and had to leave the experiment room because she thought it was so disgusting LOL. I think they all had fun (well, except Paige!). Two thumbs up for having a birthday party at a place where people can meet you , where the staff pretty much entertains the kids, and you can scoop all the stuff in a bag and be off right at 2 pm! No mess occurred at my house, at least by us :).
Next weekend it appears that Grace's friend Zoey is going to upstage us....Grace got invited to Zoey's Sleepover Party. They meet at Claire's Jewelry store to get their nails done and makeovers. Then they hop into a limo, which takes them to Zoey's house for the big sleepover. Grace C.a.N.n.O.t wait!!! She will be anticipating this one every day until Saturday.
On tap this week:
Matt bball game Monday at 6 pm
Tuesday Ben dr. appt w/psych.
Wed. Matt bball pract & confirmation
Thurs: Matt bball game at 4:15
Friday: Huh, I'm sure there's something ;)
Saturday: The super exciting makeover/limo party
So that's it for now. Sorry I'm so lame with this blog.....once again Facebook has latched on to my addictive personality and made it hard to want to be anywhere else online. I'll try though :).
Our darling neighbor Madeline. I told her mom that she will be a brain surgeon one day :)
1 comment:
Thanks Jen.... the pictures are fun.. I always open your site when I open my computer each day.. I love it when there is something new on it.... Love, mom
Post a Comment