Total Pageviews

Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin carving





































We finally carved our pumpkins tonight. I don't know what it is, but pumpkin carving isn't my favorite holiday activity. It's messy and time consuming. I'm sure my mom is mortified because she was always a fun holiday mom...we decorated for the holidays and always carved pumpkins, even into college :) (remember your enthusiasm Joel?). Ben mentioned it tonight and I of course said sure...even though I don't like it they still do, so we carved. Tyler and Matt were in a raucous game of ping-pong, so they opted out. Ben decided he wanted a skull and crossbones pirate pumpkin, and Grace just drew a happy face on hers. After lots of loud shouting and fighting, Tyler stomped upstairs and decided he wanted to do his pumpkin too....ping-pong game gone awry. He made a cute Pikachu pumpkin (aww, reminds me of his Pokemon loving days).

Pet Smart had their cute doggie costumes 75% off today, so my poor dogs were subjected to silly halloween hats. They kept them on for about 2 seconds, but they were cute!

Oh, and we got Boo'd the other day! It's a fun Halloween thing kind of like May basket day...you leave a little halloween treat for two people, then they do it for 2 people, and on down the line. We made little bat baskets for our people...cute!

No comments: