Ben's science class has been raising Anoles (small lizards). They had 5 for the class and the teacher sent a note home last week saying they were ready to be adopted. Now how many kids do you think begged their parents for a lizard last week? Lucky for me (yeah right) Ben really wanted one. After some negotiations, we gave in. The 'free' anole needed a terrarium with 2 thermometers and a hygrometer (to measure humidity), greenery, driftwood pieces to climb on, live crickets to eat, a cricket keeper for the crickets, calcium powder to dust them in, and a spray bottle to mist the cage with twice a day. The cage wasn't warm enough, so I put a heating pad on low underneath it. I have forbidden anyone from opening the cage unless they are feeding or watering it...the last thing I need is a jumpy lizard loose in my house! Oh, and it's name is Billy Bob.
No comments:
Post a Comment