Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 20, 2009

The weekend in Daglum
























































We drove over to Grandpa Jim's Saturday morning to watch the Iowa game and relax for the weekend. It's been pretty hot up here...in the upper 80's mostly. It is finally supposed to cool off next week. It gets so nice in the evenings though! We took our usual drive around the country Sat. evening after the game, and it's beautiful with all the wheat out of the fields. Everything is golden. The wheat crop was so good this year that farmer's have to put the harvested wheat in their fields or yards because the grain bins are too full. Doug had a huge pile of wheat in his front yard....when we pulled up the deer were nibbling on it. The dogs had a great time running around too, with the wheat out of the fields they have lots of running room!

3 comments:

Velda said...

I feel so out of sorts lately. Just looking at these photos has brought me a few moments of calm. I think I need to move to Iowa.

Jennifer said...

Aww, hugs to you V. You would be welcome anytime...we are in Bismarck, North Dakota now though LOL! These were taken over at my dad's house in (very) rural SW North Dakota, about 2 hours from Bismarck. It's so peaceful there...it's my happy place :).

Velda said...

oh duh, to watch the IOWA game..right...then I need to move to ND...it's beautiful.