Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 27, 2009

First day of school




The kids started school today. The first day of school pictures are awfully special taken from a HOTEL (sarcastically said). 13 more days until we get into our new house....it can't come soon enough.


I think everyone had a good day. Tyler was kind of tenative, but I'm sure that will improve with time. Matt buddied up with his tennis friend Willi so he was at least familiar with someone. Ben made friends with a boy named Kameron, and Grace has a new friend as well....she has a blue shirt and a ponytail, but she couldn't remember her name :). Everyone seemed to be able to find their way around and liked their teachers.


We closed on our Ankeny house this morning :(. Sad, but I think the new guy will be a good fit for 116. He's a single firefighter and seems really excited to be in our house, which makes me feel better.


Tomorrow we're off to buy a recorder for Ben...can't wait for the melodic sounds of the recorder (ha).

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Yes, a recorder in a hotel room!!! LOL