Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Eli

Eli came down with Grandpa Jim to stay with us a few days. They are going back on Wednesday...Tyler and Matt are going back with them to stay a few weeks in ND. Hopefully the snow will be melted at my dad's house...they got SNOW yesterday, how ridiculous is that?! Today has been pretty laid back for the kids. They woke up around 7 am (after not going to bed until after 11 pm last night!), then spent the morning over at Grandma's. They came home after lunch and played a little, then had some quiet time reading books. After that Eli found the Nintendo DS and was enraptured on the couch for awhile :).
Matt took them to the park, then they came home and ate supper. We had spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad. After I put the plate in front of him, Eli said "I don't like salad. And I only like noodles with cheese and butter on them". :)..I told him it was fun to go to different places because you could try new foods. He looked at me with that Eli blank face LOL, kind of like I was crazy. He did take one bite of salad and two bites of noodles after some bribing with another park trip. Here's what his plate looked like AFTER he ate....pretty much an eaten out crust of garlic bread.
I'm waiting for him to ask me for a PB & J :). Tyler took them to the park again after they ate. Grace and Eli went into a bush and picked some berries. During his bath Eli told me "I forgot that I put my berries in my sheens". I said "Do you mean your shorts?". "No, my sheens...they are half shorts and half jeans because they have so many pockets". HA! He cracks me up! After baths we all settled into the basement because we had a tornado warning and the sirens went off for like half an hour. The kids were unphased and played several rousing games of Guess Who.
Oh, and Joel we got your Odyssey in the garage in case you were worried.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

not eating, combining words to make up his own... just like at home. I hope he's listening better there than he does here! Thanks Jennifer! I'm sure Eli is having a blast! It's been pretty quiet around here.