Rich and I went to Grace and Ben's teacher conferences tonight, and we're proud to report that we have two great kids! Grace is the social butterfly of her room....Bubbly enthusiastic Mr. Smith says she's 'a good friend and likes to help the other kids do things'. Also known as "Bossy". She isn't mean to anyone though, and has a lot of friends in the class. Mr. Smith showed the class the 4D ultrasound pictures they got from his wife's sonogram the other day and they are incredible! It's just like looking at your baby exactly the way it will look after it's born....really cool. After Mr. Smith showed the picture Grace was very excited to come home and look at her ultrasound pics from her baby book. She took a look at it and said "This doesn't look anything like Mr. Smith's baby, you can't even see my face!!". So that was a bit disappointing.
Mr. Smith says that Grace is doing very well in reading and reading at the top of her class. She is also doing well with numbers and handwriting. The only things she got marked down on were 'controls talking', and 'finishes work on time'. She's a perfectionist, so her work has to be complete and beautiful before she'll put it away. And the talking thing runs in the family...Matt, Ben, and Grace all got marked down for their uncontrolled talking. This has to be more of a Kinney trait....I was scared to even speak when I was in school LOL! I was painfully shy, so I never had the talking problem.
Ben had a great conference too. He is at the top of his class for math, and got high marks for rounding and counting money. I think he will be an accountant when he grows up. He's a good reader, but needs to start convincing himself of that and choosing bigger chapter books to catch his interest. We really have 2 fantastic teachers this year at Northwest, we really lucked out since we didn't know anything about any of the staff there. We ran out of time at Ben's conference to discuss his medicine changes and how it's effecting his daily work, but we are meeting with his teacher again next week to talk about that stuff.
All in all they are doing so well, and we are very proud of all the kids! Now to coast along and hope for the best in the next 12 years until they are all out of school. Then our college worries begin :).
1 comment:
Congrats on the great reviews! I have a feeling Z girls report will be much like Grace's, especially the talking/social butterfly part lol
Post a Comment