Last weekend the kids, Grandpa Jim and I went over to Joel and Heidi's for a fun weekend. Saturday Heidi took the kids to her nephew Austin's birthday party, and Joel, Matt, Grandpa and I went the the Hjemkomst Heritage Center. They have a full-sized Viking ship inside, and a full-sized reproduction Stave church out back. We found out that this particular church is a reproduction of an actual Stave church from Vik, Norway...the same village Great-Grandpa Halvor Peterson came from in 1900. Very cool! Also, we found out that our tour guide Lyle has a daughter that lives in Ankeny. And his son-in-law happens to be the pastor that baptized Eli and Noah. Crazy small world. In the afternoon Heidi, Matt and I went shopping. We found some fun things at the Antique Mall. The cousins had a great time together too <3.





Tonight, Rich and I took the little kids fishing at a small ND Wildlife pond near the prison. That's right, the prison. Each of the kids finally caught one fish....they just weren't biting tonight.
Grace was quite proud of her little guy!
Tomorrow Tyler is driving home from Iowa. We're excited to have him back! Then Thursday we're leaving at midnight to head back to Iowa and take him to college. Scary and sad and exciting all at the same time :).
No comments:
Post a Comment