Total Pageviews

Friday, July 2, 2010

Ben had a great time at camp!!

The kids did a little program when we picked them up.  Below is Ben's cabin counselor, Danny.
So after Phyllis and Dick left, we went back to Medora to pick Ben up from camp.  I worried and stewed all week thinking he was sad and lonely and homesick, but when we picked him up the first thing he said to me was "Can I come back next year?"  :).  He had a great time of course! 

The next day, Ben's best friend from Ankeny, Jeff, and his parents came through Bismarck for a visit.  They stayed overnight with us, then took Ben and went over to Medora (I think we've been to Medora enough to last us a few years!) for the day.  Then we met them at the Trapper's Kettle for dinner and drove over to my dad's to spend the night there.  Sunday the Barnhart's left and took Ben with them to Rapid City!  They went to Mount Rushmore, Reptile Gardens, mini-golfing, to a movie, and lots of other fun stuff.  They also went over to Wyoming to a friend's Bison Ranch.  They got to feed the bison...I guess it was really cool!  Also Sunday we took Matt over to Medora (!!) to the same camp Ben attended.  Matt's was for jr. high kids though, and was called Night Life.  They stayed up at night and slept during the day.  Grandpa Jim brought him home today and he was really pooped!  He has to turn around and go to another camp Sunday for 5 days, not sure he's looking forward to it at this point!

Matt's cabin at camp
Jeff eating a roll :).  This is the only pic of the Barnhart's I got, I can't believe it!

I'm pretty sure that Grace enjoyed being an only child for the week :).  She made her own water slide by putting the hose on the slide...she was zipping down that thing!
The dogs were anxiously awaiting my return from the mailbox :).

No comments: